11 OUTFITS FOR YOUR BEST QUARANTINE VALENTINE’S DAY: THE VALENTINE’S DAY EDIT
Has anybody else spent the better part of this past year parading around the house all day, everyday in loungewear??
As awesome (and comfortable) as this has been, I’ve found that I’ve been missing the joy of dressing up and heading out somewhere.
And while it doesn’t look like we’ll be able to go out anywhere anytime soon (at least if you live in Ontario 😕), why not use Valentine’s Day as an opportunity to dress up?
Below I’m sharing 11 Valentine’s Day outfits from a variety of sustainable retailers.
As sustainability is all about adopting a slow fashion framework, these pieces are all items that you could easily wear with a variety of other garments in your wardrobe for a variety of other events in the future.
Considering that we’re all still in a loungewear mentality, I’ve included some outfits on the comfier side but still stylish 😉.
Under the outfit details, you’ll notice a brand highlight which includes more information about a featured brand that you may not be familiar with.
If you’d like more information about all of the brands mentioned in this post, check out this post and this one.
You might also notice that the accessories included here are all vegan.
For more information about vegan leather in particular, check out this post.
And for information about the shoe brands mentioned as well as some other great brands for seasonal winter wear, check out this post.
Valentine’s Day Outfit 1
- Fauna Dress, Reformation; 2. Bella Black and Silver Vegan Purse, Beyond Skin; 3. Lichi Heel, Coclico
Brand Highlight: Beyond Skin
Beyond Skin is a luxury vegan footwear brand that offers timeless and seasonless shoes.
They are based in England and ship worldwide.
Beyond Skin is great because they use recyclable packaging, vegan leather and they donate 5% of profits to grass-root environmental and social projects!
Valentine’s Day Outfit 2
Brand Highlight: Rok Cork
Rok Cork sources their cork from Portugal and produces their products (that range from handbags and wallets to footwear and home goods) in ethical, small-family run workshops.
Valentine’s Day Outfit 3
- Marlowe Dress, Reformation; 2. Lloseta Pinatex RED Clutch, Maravillas; 3. Estela Black Ankle Strap Sandal, Nae
Brand Highlight: Nae
Nae is a Portuguese shoe retailer that uses a variety of sustainable materials such as Pinatex, organic cotton, cork, recycled PET, vegan leather (mixes of cotton, polyester and nylon).
Valentine’s Day Outfit 4
- Knitted Lantern Sweater, KOTN; 2. Turtleneck Sweater, KOTN; 3. Agolde Pinch Waist Rise Kick Jeans, KOTN; 4. Gianna Crossbody, Pixie Mood; 5. Beth Cork, Nae
Brand Highlight: Pixie Mood
Pixie Mood is a climate positive (they remove carbon dioxide from the environment with each order) retailer that carries ethically made handbags, wallets and small goods using sustainable materials.
Valentine’s Day Outfit 5
- Turtleneck Mini Dress, KOTN; 2. Amsterdam Pinatex RED, Maravillas; 3. Anita Black Faux Leather Flats, Beyond Skin
Brand Highlight: Maravillas
Maravillas is a handbag company based in Spain that uses a variety of natural materials like Pinatex and wood, and manufacturers their products locally.
Valentine’s Day Outfit 6
- Julia Top, Whimsy + Row; 2. Ribbed Pencil Skirt, KOTN; 3. Lady Bag, Doshi; 4. Venus White Faux Leather, Beyond Skin
Brand Highlight: Doshi
Doshi is a vegan leather goods brand that makes their products using microfibre vegan leather.
They donate 5% of sales to non-profits supporting animals, people, and the environment.
Valentine’s Day Outfit 7
- Srey Oun Sweater, TONLE; 2. Tinsley Trousers in Black, People Tree; 3. SARA Pinatex Purse, Maravillas; 4. Audrey, AERA
Brand Highlight: AERA
AERA is a luxury vegan footwear brand that offsets their environmental impact 110%.
They are based in New York and ship throughout the US.
The are certified carbon negative by SCS Global Services.
Valentine’s Day Outfit 8
Brand Highlight: Coclico
Coclico is a versatile shoe brand based in New York that carries boots, clogs, flats and pumps.
They use durable materials such as vegetable tanned leather, rubber, shearling, suede to make their footwear.
Valentine’s Day Outfit 9
- Priti Cross Back Dress, People Tree; 2. The Week/End Crossbody, Frida Rome; 3. Otterlie Black Bow Stiletto Heel, Beyond Skin
Brand Highlight: Frida Rome
Frida Rome is a luxury handbag company based in England that uses materials such as cactus leather and eco-microfibre to make their vegan products.
They use 100% recyclable packaging.
Valentine’s Day Outfit 10
- Lauren Top, Whimsy + Row; 2. Diana Skirt in Cream, Whimsy + Row; 3. PARIS Multifunctional Bag, Maravillas; 4. Sally White Patent Effect, AERA
Brand Highlight: Whimsy + Row
Whimsy + Row is a clothing retailer that uses 100% recycled packaging as well as dead-stock fabrics and a variety of sustainable materials.
Valentine’s Day Outfit 11
- Fiona Dress, Whimsy + Row; 2. Zaha E-Ultra Bio-Based Vegan Leather Belt Bag, Luxtra; 3. Nina Brown D’Orsay Shoe, Nae
Brand Highlight: Luxtra
Luxtra is a Certified B Corporation handbags, wallets and small goods that uses plant-based materials such as pineapple, apple, mango, cactus, corn and cotton.
They use recycled and recyclable packaging.
Whether you’re celebrating Valentine’s Day with your partner, friends or alone, I hope I’ve given you some outfit ideas to make the most of the day.
How are you celebrating Valentine’s Day? Let me know in the comments below.
Until next time,